- Yonkers is hit with a freak October Snowstorm resulting in 4-8 inches of snow across the city
- Mayor Mike Spano is voted into office rather convincingly, continuing on in the long family tradition of being Yonkers Legislators.
- Ridge Hill officially opens its doors…no free parking, go directly to jail, do not pass go, do no collect $200.00.
That’s the great part about Yonkers and cities everywhere I suppose, no matter what your life is filled with, the city is constantly in motion and if you take a moment to turn away, you can miss things like Mayors, Snow Storms and the opening of commercial monstrosities.
In any case, I hope everyone had a great Turkey Day and look for more MyYonkers Posts to come in the near future including things like:
- Chicken Island
- The Scariest Spot in Yonkers
- The Secret Stairs of Stew Leonard’s
- New Sections of the Old PUT
For now though, I leave you with a thanksgiving memory.
My Day job, for those who do not know, is that I am a writer for an online news website called Patch.com. Recently, I wrote an article, explaining how my Thanksgiving tradition always included going to someone else’s house…each and every year and NEVER having Thanksgiving at my own house.
I miss sharing the Ins and Outs of Yonkers with you all and I am very touched by how many people are actually enjoying MyYonkers! I get emails very often asking about various places we have covered or places that people would like to have covered and bringing two things that I love, writing and Yonkers together in one place has been a passion and privilege that I have very much enjoyed over the past 9 months.
Here is my article titled: Thanksgiving On The Fifth Floor, Click on the link below to access it!